Question PA28-140 Ιntense - Fine Vibration on the floor

• Charalampos Avgousti
  • Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
23 Apr 2024 00:04 #4278 by Charalampos Avgousti
Replied by Charalampos Avgousti on topic PA28-140 Ιntense - Fine Vibration on the floor
Dear Steve, Hello. Finally the cause for the vibration seems to be some screws not so tight on the engine cowling. After I tightened them up, the problem disappeared.
Thank you very much for your advices.

Charalampos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Charalampos Avgousti
  • Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
18 Apr 2024 00:02 #4269 by Charalampos Avgousti
Replied by Charalampos Avgousti on topic PA28-140 Ιntense - Fine Vibration on the floor
Dear Steve, Thank you very much. I will check everything you mentioned and I will fly it again. I will let you know. Thank you again.

More
17 Apr 2024 13:24 #4267 by STEVE ELLS
Replied by STEVE ELLS on topic PA28-140 Ιntense - Fine Vibration on the floor
Hi Charalampos,

I suggest that you look closely to determine if there's a small piece of weather stripping, or anti abrasion tape esp. where the cowling or other sheet metal might rub or vibrate against an adjacent part. There isn't anything central to the engine or propeller that will create that type of vibration.
I would also check to see if any of the inspection panels in the floor are loose, or if any of the screws aren't tightened up. 
Although the location is wrong to create a floor vibration, check for any looseness in the door or door trim pieces. 
Get down under the airplane, clean the belly and look for loose fasteners. 
There has been a warning to inspect the welded tubes that form the left and right rudder pedals. Check for cracks at the welds. Perhaps there's a crack in one of the welds that's creating the vibration.
Check those possibilities and get back to me.

Steve

• Charalampos Avgousti
  • Topic Author
  • Subscriber
  • Subscriber
More
17 Apr 2024 04:52 #4266 by Charalampos Avgousti
PA28-140 Ιntense - Fine Vibration on the floor was created by Charalampos Avgousti
Hi fellow pilots.  On my last flight with my PA28-140 I felt an intense-fine vibration on the floor, near the centre axis of the plane. I felt that on several power settings.
We checked everything and that is not coming from prop or engine, nor the rudder.
Have anybody had anything similar?  Any ideas?

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds