Question Flying an Apache

• Eric Parks
  • Eric Parks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
26 Apr 2021 19:25 - 27 Apr 2021 18:35 #2962 by Eric Parks
Flying an Apache was created by Eric Parks
I started a topic named "Buying an Apache" and I *think* we have finally left the rehab stage and are more in the fly and enjoy stage. I decided to start a new topic named "Flying an Apache" since I hope we are now out of the buying stage!

Just a quick re-cap, I bought an Apache in SEP of 2019. I had hoped it would be a few months of quick fixes to make it a great little fun plane for myself and the family to enjoy. You can go read the other topic to get the details but we found plenty more to fix than we were first aware of. Then my father passed away, followed by me getting sick, followed by me losing my medical (which meant being on sick leave from my flying job) and finally COVID. After 11 and 1/2 months I finally got my medical back and now we are wrapping up the work to get my 1955 Apache reliably in the air.

The worst part was getting the passenger door working properly. That has been kicking us and taking our lunch. But it looks like today we finished the final work on the upper door latch. After *finally* getting the door done we put in the new Rosen sun visors, put in new rubber boots for the rudder pedal torque tubes, sealed up the cloth bag to reduce air flow in the nose gear bay and did a little cosmetic work with paint.

The picture was taken after we got the second visor installed. We need to bleed the right brake tomorrow and we will try out the door in flight.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Apr 2021 18:35 by Eric Parks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds