Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Eric Parks
  • Eric Parks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
12 Jul 2024 13:43 #4370 by Eric Parks
Replied by Eric Parks on topic Flying an Apache
The wife and I are getting excited about flying up to join the rest of the Piper Flyer crew at Waupaca and experience OSHKOSH together! I am definintely in planning mode right now. The big issue of getting Annie the Apache ready is finally behind us. While there are things I wish I could have gotten done before the trip I am confident that the plane is ready to go.

• Eric Parks
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 Jul 2024 18:29 - 11 Jul 2024 18:31 #4369 by Eric Parks
A great day for me with lots of flying fun. First I got to fly Annie the Apache with my airline buddy in the right seat. He just wanted to ride along but he did offer to work the radios. Wow! What a great F/O! I consider him fully checked out as an Apache F/O   We flew around Mt. Mitchell and then did a landing with taxi back at AVL (Asheville) before heading south and getting in a touch-and-go at GMU (Greenville Downtown) before heading back to home plate (Shelby, EHO). After consuming vast amounts of BBQ at Thelma Lou's across the street I got to work on my Experimental Bearhawk as well. We tightened up the chains on the tailwheel to get the steering a little more responsive. We also started on adding some lighting under the glareshield. So today turned out the be the first that I got to both fly the Apache and taxi the Bearhawk. Maybe in the not-too-distant future I can fly both in one day!

The best news is Annie continues to run great. We are slowing getting "details" done and no new issues are coming up. She has become "Good old reliable Annie".

My Bearhawk mechanic taxiing. I did the first taxi but had him taxi as well. We are "fine tuning" this before we have the DAR inspect it.

Lots of my toys here!
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jul 2024 18:31 by Eric Parks.

• Eric Parks
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
10 Jul 2024 16:36 #4362 by Eric Parks
Kent, When the Apache goes to the radio shop (finally!) I am having the panel fixed up. I hadn't thought about the fuel panel as it sits down between the two front seats but perhaps they can do something. If I stll need it "fixed up" after the radio shop visit I will keep this in mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kent Dellenbusch

• Kent Dellenbusch
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Jul 2024 20:18 #4361 by Kent Dellenbusch
Replied by Kent Dellenbusch on topic Flying an Apache
You have a system and it works. However - should you ever want to clean this up a bit as you mentioned, Air Capitol Dial does some fantastic work. They have been a supporter of ours for years. This might fall under Steve McKinnys custom manufacturing jobs. I'm not 100% sure but you can give him a call.
Let him know we sent you. :)
aircapitoldial.com/

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds