Question Fernandina Beach, FL - KFHB

• Eric Parks
  • Eric Parks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 May 2024 19:11 - 11 May 2024 19:13 #4298 by Eric Parks
Fernandina Beach, FL - KFHB was created by Eric Parks
We recently got to fly down to KFHB, Fernandina Beach FL on Amelia Island. This is an uncontrolled airport but a rather busy one. I flew down on an IFR flight plan but was actually VFR for the pattern. There were multiple aircraft in the pattern and moving on the surface while I arrived and departed. Just to make it better, when we left we saw a parachutist come down as I pre-flighted. Then there were multlple aircraft doing a Young Eagles flight for the teens interested in aviation. Oh, and there were a couple jets in there too! So yes, kinda busy. 

I got very good service but I paid an overnight fee of $25 per night. They did waive a $20 service fee since we got fuel. That really helped and the fuel, while not cheap was priced similar to many airports I have been to. 

FHB is an airport you are going to use because you want to be on Amelia Island and that is reason enough to go there. We had a great time visiting there and enjoying different things to do each day. So if you have the chance to fly to Amelia Island and visit I highly suggest you fly into FHB - just get ready to be busy when you get there, starting with the airport!
Last edit: 11 May 2024 19:13 by Eric Parks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds