Question Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg airport - KGKT

• Eric Parks
  • Eric Parks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
25 Mar 2024 18:05 - 25 Mar 2024 18:11 #4244 by Eric Parks
The airport for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is located in Sevierville, TN. Pigeon Forge is where Dollywood is located but there is a lot more in the area than the entertainment park. We have enjoyed shows and restaurants in the area and it is also located right at the entrance to the Smokey Mountain National Park. We flew in on a nice day but don't be surprised by a few bumps as you get to the lower altitudes due to the mountains. The FBO was at the west end of the runway but there is a parallel taxiway the entire length of the runway. The FBO was very helpful and courteous. I bought a little bit of fuel and we used their "crew car" to run down the street about 5 minutes away to a nice family style sit-down restaurant named Aubrey's. We both enjoyed the food and service. On the way back I put $5 worth of gas in the car. I always try to leave the FBO courtesy cars as nice as I get them and with a bit more fuel for the next folks. I always feel that the crew cars are a real benefit to get to use when you need wheels for a very short while and I want the FBO to know we pilots appreciate it!

If you want to visit the area or just want a nice airport to fly into KGKT should be on your list. For whatever reason you want to fly into KGKT be ready for great views!

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2024 18:11 by Eric Parks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds